Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Which amp?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member fvale's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My main speakers are based on Altec Duplex 605A with Jeff Markwart's phase corrected filters in a about 9cu feet cabinet. I would like to upgrade from my old McIntosh MC30 tube amps. What would you pick from following list?

    Marantz 8B tube amp
    Mark levinson 29 (should have 50W)
    Spectral DMA50 (50W) or DMA100 (100W)
    Goldmund Mimesis 3 (100W)

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member zelgall's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 25th, 2002
    Posts
    302
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What don't you like about the MC30's? What would you like more or less of?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member fvale's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the 30s but after many years of owning I'd like to change. Also because once I compared them with a friend's Marantz 8B which was (in his system) MUCH better.
    That time I found my 30s really disappointing! I'll keep them but would like to upgrade, so I wanted to get informations/suggestions from other users.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member speakerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2004
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    A Harman Kardon Citation II worked very well with my 604 8G's.

    David

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.